In the last two decades the Broadstairs & St. Peter's Chamber of Commerce has been instrumental in the following:
- Raising funds for the installation of CCTV in the town ensuring a safe enviroment for locals and visitors.
- Instrumental in starting the hanging basket scheme.
- Contributing to funding towards the Decorative lighting and campaigning for further enhancement.
- Supplying, financing and erecting street bunting.
- Organising and running the Xmas Fayre and Lights Switch-On event in early December.
- Introduction of the Dickensian Christmas Weekend, in conjunction with the Dickens Society and Hoteliers (Now BTLA).
- Negotiating with the District Council in an attempt to keep car parking fees to a reasonable level.
- Monitoring the effects on Broadstairs of Westwood area retail development.
- In 1994 and 2004 the Water Gala was saved by the Chamber instigating a rescue committee to run the event. Members also supported the very successful 2000 Gala with the return of the Red Arrows after an 18 year absence.
- Supporting the Town's events with financial assistance.
- Consultation on the traffic calming measures in the lower High Street,Victoria parade and Albion Street.
- Running Halloween and Xmas Window competitions.
- Establishing the annual Halloween Trick or Treat trail
- Promoting the town at Christmas to encourage shopping in the town.
- The Chamber is represented on the Town Forum, BTLA, Joint Committee Broadstairs, Neighbourhood Engagement meetings and various other town groups
- Negotiating with Kent Highways to ensure major roadworks in the town are avoided at peak times and traffic management is fully discussed with it's members.
- Monitoring the location of brown tourist signs.
- Keeping members informed on changes to legislation which effect the public and traders.
- Formation of the very successful Millennium Committee which through various schemes celebrated the year 2000 with several projects.
- Establishing the popular November 5th Fireworks Night as a local family entertainment night.
- Supporting the introduction of local radio in Thanet.
- Working with sister Town Partnerships and traders groups.
- Supporting local education establishments.
Temple's Wet Fish
Boating in the Bay
The membership has grown due to active recruitment from the committee as well as local businesses and organisations...
Chamber Of Commerce has many members in the community are listed here. Want to become a member? Click the 'More' button...
The Chamber More
Chamber of Commerce was established just after the turn of the last century, represents the business community within the town of...
Broadstairs is a town on the eastern most tip of Kent, boasting seven sandy beaches, a vast amount of history and a thriving...